blog tracker

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So long 2009

Well now that the vacations and holidays are over, we're back in Utah and finding things a little more complicated..

#1 I'm back in school... my last semester at BYU (Hallelujah!) and taking my final 2 classes plus a lab. One class consists of the required exercise physiology which I failed the first time around so everyone pray that I can pass it. That means a D.. yes I still need all the help I can get.

#2 No more excuses for pregnancy weight.. for me or Aaron. We've resolved to getting back to a healthier lifestyle which reminds me... I started working out hardcore before the holidays, and I don't mean wussy stuff. I'm talkin tae-bo and P90X and running outside. Legit workouts. Much to my dismay, that didn't make a dent in the scale. So we go off to Arizona for the break where the most exercise I got was an occasional walk and I ate TONS of delicious food. Lost 2 pounds. Now I'm no expert but my studies in nutrition and physical fitness tell me calories consumed should be less than calories expended to lose weight. NOT true for me apparently! I dunno why I bother..

Ya know, for the first time in my life I am unable to do a man's push-up. I don't say that to brag but since my gymnastics days, I always had lots of upper body strength. I've traded that in for a massive bustline and a gut. But yes I still love my baby! Carter will just become my weight for bench press...

#3 Aaron's schedule is getting crazy. He's working a lot whether it's at Apx at meetings, knocking, or recruiting but I'm getting excited for the team that's coming together (which means what wives I'll get to hang out with all summer!) The draft is in 2 weeks so that'll determine where we'll up and move to come April.
On a good note- well actually, all these things have been good in a way, but we're going on a cruise in less than 3 weeks with Apx! Funny that both me and Carter are going to Mexico and a cruise for the first time. I'm missing a week's worth of school, so like I said, pray I don't fail exercise phys..

3 comments:

Paula said...

I loved this post! I miss your humor, we need to get together soon. But I hear about the craziness of life--at least we'll have the cruise!

Clayton and Noelle said...

I'm jealous you get to go on a cruise, and I hear ya about the working out hard and not making a dent on any scales. I have the same problem, but from what I hear it's part of post pardum recovery. Your body is trying to adjust and get back to the way it was before and it takes a lot of time for everything to get back in sync in order for the weight to come off.

Julie said...

You didn't tell me you were going on a cruise!! That will be so fun. I hope Carter is a good baby for you on it.

I bet after you stop breastfeeding the weight will come off more easily. It hasn't been that long since you had Carter so don't be too hard on yourself!