blog tracker

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good Times!!

Yesterday, June 1st marked the first day of hurricane season in Florida. But it was a sunny warm day and I had begging Aaron for some time to let me take the car for a day so I could go hang out with my friend Alicia up in the Tampa office! As a belated birthday present, he relented and we spent the entire day doing fun girl stuff- going out to lunch at P.F. Changs, one of my favs, and shopping- all for baby clothes!! Had to take a pic of our bellies.. we are both due in October- Alicia with a girl, and me with a boy!The DAMAGE: okay, honestly we did pretty good, finding the best deals at several stores! It was fun helping each other find both girl and boy clothes, and I think I ended up spending $85 on the little guy, which isn't bad for like 4 outfits, 2 sweaters, and several sleepers and onesies! I told Aaron that me and Alicia had to get it out of our system- we were both so excited this month finding out what we were having that we had to go splurge a little, and I am now forbidden to buy anything else for the rest of the summer haha!
Earlier that morning, the boys had a little office activity- Diving for Dollars. Whoever sold the most over the weekend got the longest time in the pool to collect pennies. There were 400 pennies, and however many you found equaled $1. It was pretty funny... Aaron's blind as a bat without contacts so he had an unfair disadvantage, but hey he still walked away wtih $15.. so that's kind of like I only spent $70 on baby clothes.. right??

Something reminded me a little of Titanic, with so many bodies in the pool, kicking around for dear life. Although this time, they were alive, and desperate for pennies!
Saturday was my 25th birthday! Craig made me a cake which was really cute, especially since he kind forgot to take the cake outta the pan and it stuck! It was yummy though. I spent the day with the other girls since Aaron was out knocking extra long like they do on Saturdays. I am so mad that I forgot to take a picture of our girl party- because we ordered Chinese take-out and played games literally for hours! I'm glad I at least had people to hang out with, because last year was miserable!!! Aaron didn't get home til after 11, and since I no longer cook on Saturday nights (hoping the team hits their dinner goal and we go out), we had no dinner, so Aaron, me, and Craig finished my birthday celebration at Applebee's- the only place still open.. there's nothing like eating dinner at midnight!!
The candles spelled out 25. =) This was the side that got a little stuck in the pan haha

5 comments:

Hermana Bennett said...

Happy Birthday my dear!

Paula said...

Good work on the baby clothes, and you both look so cute!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

your brother is so nice! what a good brother to make you a cake! my birthday sucked last year too! i think it jusy sucks having a birthday in the summer! that was so much fun shopping I'm forbidden to spend anymore too!

Julie said...

I love buying clothes for Caden. It's so much fun! Carter's outlet stores always have really good deals.

Tiffanie White said...

Well Happy late Birthday to you... Looks like you had FUN, and I LOVE PF Changs too!! I haven't gone on a MAJOR shopping spree for my little man just yet, I have just been buying stuff when I find way cheap stuff but it sure is becoming a collection!! I LOVE it!!

Oh, as for the HUSBAND... He is in the Air Force, serving 1 year in South Korea... He put in to go there before we even started dating and by the time we started dating, fell in love and got married there was NO backing out... So lets just say I kinda knew what I was in for!! I miss him like crazy but its a countdown everyday. He flies home on Sept 11th, 12 days before our baby is due!!!!!! So our little guy better stay in until daddy is home :)

Josh will be home for a month and then have to go back out for 3 1/2 more so our little boy will be 4 months old when daddy is home for good. Then we are moving to Tacoma Washington where he will be stationed for the following year!! Its CRAZY but I'm willing to make the sacrifices that come with it!