blog tracker

Monday, June 22, 2009

UpDaTeS

Well it has been a while since I posted anything- not because I'm lazy (which I feel like I am anyways), but because life is so uneventful that we have nothing to say! I guess our latest news is that our team is moving to MIAMI! Which means that at the end of this week, we're packing up again to head even more east to the other coast of Florida, about 2 1/2 hours away. Here in Fort Myers, the boys have run into so many foreclosures, and Fort Myers has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, soooo business has not been the best. People just don't impulsively commit to things- namely alarm systems- anymore with the economy like it is. BUT we're hopeful and excited that Miami will be a better place for everyone- lots more to do, less old people (that's all there is here!) and I guess the apartments there are right on the beach and super nice. Most importantly Aaron and the managers think it will be a nice fresh start and better area for the guys to knock in. Summers in this business are so sporadic!!

Some updates on the pregnancy- Yes I feel like a Fatty McFatterson, which I do understand is normal. I'm slowly feeling myself relenting to the idea of maternity clothes. I actually got online this morning at buckle.com and coveted all the cute "skinny"clothes that I wish I could wear but won't for at least quite a while! It's probably detrimental to do that, it's just depressing. I need to stop.

However, this past week I finally felt the baby move! Like my mom said, the little butterfly, fluttering finally becomes recognizable! I've started looking at baby things at Babies R Us to figure out what we need to register for, and I still once in a while get out all his little clothes that we've bought, and like a nerd I sit there wondering what little Baby Crandall will look like haha! We are probably 90% sure of naming him Carter James... me and Aaron sat in the pool yesterday brainstorming more names and our alternate names are Shrek and Bisquick.
Alicia, this is for you! We had a doctor's appointment today and everything's good, and the baby's measuring as he should.. according to my belly anyway! 21 weeks, 5 days =)

While the boys are out knocking, I pass my time with my current addiction, Desperate Housewives. I'm obviously a little too into this show, since I end up crying on like every episode that's remotely sentimental or finding myself laughing hysterically at the irony of being a lonely housewife myself (I just don't resort to scandal!) AND when I get around to it, I study for my online classes. I'm proud to say that I finished my finals in 2 classes last week... but am trying to make myself start up yet another 2 classes. Our team went to the beach and had lunch last week for a little incentive they won. Aaron just chillin after the boys' rough game of football in the water.

Craig was nicknames Wolverine after he got freakin clawed by some opponent during their football game.

Aaron brought these home one night out of the blue, it was really sweet! I love the 2-toned roses! Having not brought a vase out, they are beautifully arranged in a 7-11 plastic Big Gulp. We are SO ghetto.

6 comments:

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

Im so glad you felt Carter move!!! Its so cool! He was just making you be patient! Your hub is so cute for bringing you flowers! Thats what I love about the summer is you have to have ghetto everything! We have a internet cord running all the way through our house, like way white trash style, everytime we play xbox haha! It wouldnt be the summer if we didnt live a little ghetto! I wish you guys were going to Tampa instead of Miami then we could go through this prego together! BUT you will love it and Im excited for you! ....whatever happened to your cute belly pic you were supposed to post?? I felt to fat so I didnt either haha PS sorry this was a novel

Tasha said...

I love the name Carter James. HOw perfect! You look great- super cute! ANd girl you have a great tan- FLorida is the place to be I suppose right?! And yes- you feel him move just means he will be a little more stubborn right since you had to wait a little longer! =) And the flowers are gorgeous- aaron knows how to get to your heart- now he just needs to give you mucho money so you can go shopping- i know you would love that! =) hehe miss ya girl~!

Paula said...

I laughed that you covet skinny clothes online--I totally did that! You can't help but notice TONS more cute skinny clothes when you're pregnant. And they always seem to be such good deals too.... But no need to worry, you are so cute, I'm lovin watching your little tummy grow!
Aaron is so cute to bring you flowers. Unexpected gifts like that are so much more meaningful somehow, they really say he loves you and is thinking about you. How sweet!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

You look SO cute and you dont even look fat at all, you just have a REALLY cute belly! Thanks for the pic!

rmgrimmer said...

Hey Stephanie, adorable baby bump! I just have to say that I am also addicted to DH. Before I started working I definitely watched it for 2 hours a day on Lifetime! Love it. And cute baby name!

Cortney said...

Okay, so if I would have read down more I would have realized what the baby name is, lol.

I hope Aaron is doing well...the news said a few days ago that Florida is the number one state for foreclosures right now, being followed by our great state of Arizona and California. Not fun lately for a lot of people!

You look ADORABLE. I am definately getting baby hungry again now that so many more or my friends are pregnant. It is such an amazing experience...treasure every moment, even the 3rd trimester when you are so miserably huge and can't sleep because you are so huge, lol. I LOVED being pregnant and really do miss it!