blog tracker

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” -Abraham Lincoln

I don't like being cheesy or bragging about my husband, but I am so grateful to have a husband with honesty and integrity! Anyone familiar with the alarm industry and summer sales knows what kind of temptations are there to be shady. In a business that requires you to work on your honor, unsupervised and with potential to make great money, we know too many people who will do or say anything for a sale.
Last Saturday was Aaron's "worst day of his career"(his words, not mine!)- where he talked to so many people but just couldn't close the sale. He came home moody and frustrated, and admitted that had he just "left out" some information or been shady like so many people are, he could have had like 5 sales. And even though that was frustrating that day and put a damper in his week, I am so grateful that his honesty was more important to him than making money.
I don't think Aaron could lie if he wanted to! He even tries to plan surprises for me, but he's the worst liar... I always know when he's up to something! But I know his hard work will pay off and blessings will come of it... he's usually the last guy home, because he works up until the last minute (the guys in his car get really mad for holding them up!) While it sucks to not see your husband all that much during the summer, I'm so grateful that he's such a hard worker and that he upholds his morals. He's the best!

3 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

That's awesome and good for you for supporting honesty over money... We all know that will get us further in life or at least the eternity :)

My husband is just like that too, he has had a couple incidents come up that I am taken back by how honest he is, and when I act surprised that he has even gone out of his way for it, he reminds me that he will be the one teaching our children about honesty. lol. Go husbands!!

Paula said...

Couldn't agree more--for both our husbands. I'm glad they're working together again this year. Hopefully this Miami move will be beneficial for all of us!

Julie said...

That's great and I'm glad to hear it. Good job Aaron!

You guys are moving to Miami?! I hope you like it there. I always think of the Will Smith song when I hear Miami, haha! I'll give you a call later this week.