blog tracker

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Love at First Sight: MY QUEST FOR THE ULTIMATE CRIB BEDDING

WOW, can I just say I have not been so stressed in my life as I have the past 2 days. And for what? Baby bedding... that's right, my husband and brother think I'm crazy, but once you find "that one," there's no turning back and you will stop at nothing til you get it!
Let's recap what I have been through to get this...First of all, this is the 4th baby collection that I have decided on, and obviously those decisions are subject to change... until NOW. So I saw the pillow on amazon and thought wow that's really cute. Then saw the whole set on target.com, and thought I gotta have that... it's modern but still cute, and has fun colors that aren't too babyish. However much to my dismay, neither amazon or target had the whole set as pictured below...

TADA!! Beautiful!!

So I search the brand directly, bablicious.com and call them up about 4 times til I get through, and what do I find out?? THEY NO LONGER MAKE IT!!! Due to "economic disaster," the factory in China was shut down 4 months ago and they lost all their fabrics. I'm about to cry when the lady gives me one last hope... they sold hundreds of this set to Home Goods stores across the nation, and they are selling them for only $99. Dream come true!!!

Naturally, I pull up the Home Goods website and call every store within a 30-mile radius of every person I know, so they can go buy it for me. And NO ONE has it!!!!!!!!! But there has to be more of this collection floating around somewhere and I am not giving up, so I continue my web search, until I find macrobaby.com, which has the set!! So after calling THEM 4 times before I get through, the man says, "oh I'm sorry, our website must not be updated, but if the company no longer sells it, we don't either, because we order it from them." My poor baby is going to be CRIBLESS!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone care?!!

But being a good man, he says, "you know, you should try overstock or amazon." Already did bro!! "How about ebay?" EBAY!!!!! How did I not think of that!!!!!??

I am the luckiest person in the world, for ebay had not only the 4-piece set I was looking for, but it had a 7-piece set!!! Without hesitating or even consulting my husband, I bought the dang thing for $209 and am keeping my fingers crossed until that is delivered on my sister's front door in Utah!!! This may have taken about 8 hours out of the past 2 days of my life, searching for something that has become more valuable just because it's not easily available, but hey I am okay with that!

5 comments:

Paula said...

This post made me laugh! I could totally hear your frustration and determination! Way to stick it out, the bedding is cute, your little guy is lucky to have such a dedicated mom!

Hermana Bennett said...

ha ha I love it!

Angela said...

I love the bedding!! I am glad you were able to find it!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

haha you are so funny! Its ok its worth it cause its soooo cute! Carter is going to be stylin!

Julie said...

I love it! The bedding is really cute and boy looking. I can't believe you never gave up! I don't know if I would have gone that far, lol.