blog tracker

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Husband-less

I was overjoyed to get out of Florida last Saturday. I basically just felt like I had nothing in common with people of Miami, and the heat + humidity is my worst enemy. The summer wasn't all that bad- in fact Aaron really did well with work- but there's no place like home.. in Orem, UT.

Unfortunately I am in our home by my lonesome while Aaron is doing the extended season in Lubbock, Texas.. poor guy. You think the summer's almost over and knocking doors is put on hold....and then they entice you with a tempting payscale and fancy new equipment that promises greater sales and lots of success in just a few extra weeks of work. Luckily, his first week out there has been going well, and while I miss him a lot (this is gonna be the longest we've been apart), it'll be a nice bonus towards paying off some things we really need to.


In the meantime, me and my prego friend Alicia (whose hubs is also in Texas with Aaron) have been trying to stay busy, shopping for baby things or finding projects to do for our babies' rooms. I'm also attempting to sell a lot of our worthless, space-hogging furniture on Craig's List and make room for Carter! I haven't had too much success yet.. =(

I will admit that after a few weeks of insecurities and worries of the discomforts of getting "big," I've accepted that it's okay and normal and that I'm lucky to have a healthy baby. After all, I could look like this.....

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness Stephanie! I can't even imagine how Aaron has the stamina to keep going. Good for him. We lived a few hours from Lubbock when we were in Texas and went there regularly to visit the temple. It's a pretty nice place. Not fun though to be alone! Sometimes it makes things easier to have someone there to groan to. Not too much longer though, you'll make it!
P.S. that picture makes me ill.

Jenna said...

ummmmmm.....is that picture for REAL?!?!?! Freaking sick. Barf. Bahahahahaha......anyways, I love the new blog makeover :) I miss you and wish I we were together to hang out and go shopping. I can't wait to see all the goodies you get for Carter!!!

Our Little Family said...

It is never fun being away from your hubby, especially for so long. I hope that time will go fast for you! That is an insane picture. You're totally right...it could be worse :)

Julie said...

Ahhh! That pic of the pregnant lady is really gross!

If you get too lonely or bored you can always give me a call. I hope Aaron can home soon!

Clayton and Noelle said...

You need to call me and we need to hang out. I can keep you busy!!