blog tracker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day!

So this has nothing to do with V-day, but I bought this cute shirt for Carter the other day and I love it! Crazy 8 is like my new favorite kids store =)

So Valentine's Day morning (actually Saturday since we kinda celebrated it that day), Aaron was awful sneaky with his two buds Jared and Ryan..Aaron wouldn't let me come home after I went to the gym because he and Jared were secretly making these fruit flowers!! They're those "edible arrangements" except my creative husband made it himself so it's extra special!! I was impressed.

The boys had had a busy day while I was gone and crashed before we all went to dinner. Carter LOVES sleeping on us like this, it's pretty much the only way he'll take a good nap.
I was kind of worried that Carter was going to ruin our Valentine's Day cuz Aaron said Carter was needy and whiny all day and we had dinner and a movie planned (and no babysitter). But we are proud to say that we have such a good baby... he slept all through dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant and then when we went to the theater to see the Valentine's Day movie, Carter watched most of it or slept and didn't make a peep! We are so lucky that our baby still has not freaked out in public.. yet...

Great Grandma Lula turned 103!!!
On Sunday, my extended family threw a party for my great grandma's birthday. How cute is she?! My sister Val and I had to get some pictures, I dunno how many more years she's got although she gets around really well and is still very sharp and mentally sound!

And to top off our Valentine's weekend, we snapped a very typical shot of Carter with his entire fist in his mouth... he does this a lot!
p

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Baby Carter is so cute! It's fun for me to hear about another baby that is about the same age as mine, they are always doing similar things. Your husband did well on his fruit Valentine. I should have asked for one of those instead, I ate way too much chocolate! I can't believe your great-grandma is 103! Those are some good genes. I also wanted to comment on your last post about Carter sleeping in your bed; Dillon sleeps with us every night. Often I don't even remember getting him from his bed because I do it in my sleep. I do occasionally try to put him back, but only when my body gets too stiff from laying on my side. I've never had a safety issue with it, like I said, I stay on my side and keep my arm on the blanket to make sure it doesn't get pulled over his head and he sleeps on his side facing me. I just think that sleep is very important and if that's how you get it, and you trust yourself as the kind of sleeper that won't roll over your baby, than I wouldn't worry about it. You seem like you're doing a really good job as a mommy. Maybe someday our kids will be friends :)

The Winkelman's said...

1. I totally LOVE that Valentine's fruit arrangement! I may have to steal the idea for next year. :)
2. I wish I could have gone to the party for Grandma. That's one big bummer about living in CA
3. The fist thing is hilarious!!!
I love it.

Ashley Packard said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! That is a great idea for the home made edible arrangement. Carter is so stinkin' cute. I love the mohawk and the shirt!

Sharee Gariety said...

Wow, good job to Aaron on the edible arrangement! Very impressive. And way to go Grandma Lula for being 103!!! She looks darling! And Carter is, of course, also darling. :)

Julie said...

Ha! I love that pic of Carter with his whole fist in his mouth. That's great that Carter was so good for your Valentine's date! Caden makes a public scene every time I take him out. It's embarrassing!!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

What a thoughtful hub!! I am so glad Carter was good for you! I LOOOVE that pic of him asleep on aaron! That is precious