blog tracker

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Carter: 3+ months

Carter just learned to roll over last week! It kinda came out of nowhere, and he isn't super consistent.. it's usually when he gets frustrated and mad at being on his tummy!

Chunky legs =) My brother Kent thinks his hair makes him look like a WHO from the Grinch lol

I tried to get him to read a book

So a friend of mine told me their baby sleeps through the night in a Snuggle-me sack, so I went out the next day and bought one really hoping it would do the trick... it didn't.

Carter with his 2nd cousin, Liam =) They were born one day apart and will certainly be best buds!

I love this pic- he looks so chubby!

This is Carter sleeping in OUR bed, not his crib. So the story is that most of the time when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, I grab him from his crib and bring him in our bed to feed him.. where we both fall asleep. I have discovered though that this little sneak wakes up and cries not because he's hungry, but because he wants to come sleep with us!! I'm nervous because it's not safe, but it's so hard because all 3 of us get better sleep. Carter is so tricky though, he wouldn't even eat the other night and he cried, but he stopped when I cuddled him in our bed and then he fell asleep. Smart baby.

4 comments:

Julie said...

He does look like a little Who! But he's actually much cuter. I think Carter is probably safe in your bed. My sister-in-law keeps her baby in bed for the first 4 months. She's read about how your breathing rythm helps the baby breathe and prevents SIDS. Anyway, I don't know much about that but she swears by it!

Clayton and Noelle said...

Those are really cute pictures. You know you do what you have to do so that all of you get good sleep. When he gets a little older you can be a little bit more tough and make him sleep in his bed, but he's still pretty young.

Paula said...

Love the pics, they're all so cute! I totally agree with the Who-hair :), and I love the snuggle blanket pic!

Cortney said...

He is so adorable! Carter shouldn't have to eat at night anymore...if he's waking he's probably either scared (i.e. him wanting to sleep with you) or his diaper is wet or poopy. This is where you start teaching him how to go back to sleep by patting his back. It took Addelynn about 6 months to finally sleep through the night, but by four months she was doing long stretches and not feeding when she woke.

If you want to avoid him not being able to sleep in his bed later, I might try patting his back and lulling him back to sleep. I had two friends where they did the exact same and by a year their babies still weren't sleeping through the night! I also don't like those snuggies or anything in the crib like blankets or toys after a lady in our stake's baby passed from SIDS at 8 months because of his blanket. Too scary for me!

Miss you guys and hope all is well.I hope we can see you soon. Good luck on the sleep training :)