blog tracker

Saturday, October 24, 2009

39 weeks

Well here's the latest to our blog stalkers hehe: (It's okay, I'm one of them too)

Went to the doctor yesterday morning for what we hoped would be our last doctor visit, but alas it probably won't be... I have no signs whatsoever of being close to going into labor.  No dilation, baby hasn't dropped, no Braxton Hicks, I guess Carter just is having too much fun kicking around in here!

I met with a new doctor (we rotate docs at the clinic we go to) and I loved this one.  He was actually very helpful in answering questions and young and friendly.  Anyway, he said there's a possibility that the baby hasn't dropped because my pelvis is too small, so technically he can't really go anywhere.. and that would also be why I'm not dilating or effacing really.  At this point, there's a 50/50 chance of having a c-section, which I REALLY did not expect because my pregnancy has been so healthy and everything.  SO we're waiting out this week to see if anything happens.. he could drop all of a sudden and I could go into labor myself, who knows.  Doctors can't estimate accurately how big the baby is, but I don't think I'm at risk for having this HUGE baby so we're just letting him bake a little longer and will worry about big decisions next week!

Oh and p.s. I've had no stretch marks my entire pregnancy, and thought all of a sudden they've popped up around my belly button.. turns out it might be a rash! It itches SO BAD.  I guess I wasn't meant to end this pregnancy that easy!

5 comments:

Clayton and Noelle said...

Don't you just feel like a ticking time bomb at this point? Is there any way for them to see if your pelvis really is too small? I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble the last few weeks of your pregnancy, but actually having the baby is a lot harder then it really seems. You are such a great person and such a trooper I probably would have asked at this point if I could just be induced! And lucky you for not getting stretch marks!

Deno'N'Mo said...

don't junix yourself on the stretch marks. I was happy I escaped them, and then they came in the very last week :/ keep me posted! :)

Lindsey said...

You're so close! He's going to be here before you know it. It's good to have a heads up though about c-sections. With my first pregnancy I literally skipped that section of the 'What to Expect...' book and was terrified when it actually happened to me. It's good to be mentally prepared for anything. Chances are though that you'll have a normal delivery and everything will go just fine. It's the waiting that's the hardest part! I'm very excited to see him too, tell him there's a lot of us waiting on him.

Danielle said...

No stretch marks?! Ok, that is so not fair! I have them EVERYWHERE!!! Can't wait to see the little guy, he needs to hurry up and get here already!

Evans Family of Three said...

sorry about the no progress yet...but i bet any day now you will go into fast and easy labor! we all hope for that right? hehe i am nervous about the whole possibility of having a c-section too now that jenna has to have them as well. we will see! but goodluck this final week(HOPEFULLY!) and i can't wait to see pictures when Carter finally gets here!