blog tracker

Monday, August 3, 2009

ALLIGATOR FARM

A couple weeks ago, me, Aaron, and Craig headed south to the Alligator Farm where we went on Air boat rides and saw huge alligators and snakes! It was SO HOT, I don't know how I made it, but it was fun to get out and see the sights of Florida! This big group of alligators was during feeding time, where they lined up against the fence to eat whole rats.

A random chick from the audience was chosen to wear this huge snake...

We got to hold baby alligators, and apparently Aaron thought this one looked like me, which might be why he's kissing it.

Some of the biggest gators they had at this farm that died, as well as a 20-something foot snake!

Aaron and Craig during our alligator show.

We stopped at this big fruit stand called "Robert is Here" where they had fruits that I haven't seen since my mission in Brazil! This is jaca or a jackfruit, that is HUGE, way heavy and has a really weird taste. I actually used to gag on it on my mission, but the flavor isn't bad. I stuck to my favorite.. passion fruit, and got a giant milkshake, it was delish!

More to come!...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Haha! I like that picture of Aaron kissing the alligator. I don't think I'd be getting that cozy with one of those! That fruit looks really disgusting. I'd be gagging, too.

Our Little Family said...

I had Jackfruit all the time on my mission...not my favorite thing. Durian is way better!