blog tracker

Saturday, January 3, 2009

This week marks the one year anniversary of me and Aaron at The Coffin House and I know I just have to write down the story so I don't forget it years later!

So, me and Aaron met around this time last year- December 29th to be exact, the night I came back from Christmas vacation in WA. First time hanging out was kind of blah, but then New Year's Eve came around and that was pretty much the time we hooked up and never looked back! However, as we were still getting to know each other (only our 3rd time hanging out), Aaron decides to play the trick of a lifetime on me which still scares me to this day:

With some other friends- namely Burke and Tessa, we all drove up to Salt Lake to check out Hobbitville (a village of midgets) and then they took us up to the Coffin House. This place really exists- it's an old run down shed with real coffins where they used to make them!! It was almost pitch black in the middle of winter and freezing and the whole way, Aaron and Burke were telling us stories of people murdered there and left in the coffins and that there's an old bum who has a couch in there where he sleeps and chases after anyone who comes there and kills them. I, of course, know this is a prank and am determined not to fall for it. Of course they were just trying to scare us!

The whole place was creepy but I kept my composure for the most part. Then Aaron grabs my hand and takes me down to the other shack, explaining about the creepy man who lives in there. I think it's retarded and of course I don't believe him. In this other shack, there's this huge noisy water tank, then we get in a little farther (and it's getting darker) and there's the nasty old COUCH!! Kinda freaked me out, but I would have been fine if the "bum" hadn't jumped out from behind, screaming at us, saying he was going to kill us!!!!!!!!

What scared me the most, was Aaron pushed me outta there and yelled to run. (You see, I took that seriously and got totally freaked out for my life). Aaron started running right behind me, and I thought that man was really going to kill us. I explain to everyone I tell this story to that ya know in scary horror movies when the victim is running from the killer but can't move, and keeps falling and you're watching it thinking, just GO!! Just get up!? That really happens.. because as I am running as fast as I can, I was soooo scared that I fell 3 times in the snow- just face-planted over and over. Your body freezes up when you are that terrified and frankly I don't know how I did not pee my pants.

So, as I'm struggling to get up, my slip-on shoes get lodged into the snow, and I am too scared to stop and yank them out. SO I leave them and run BAREFOOT in the snow because if I stop, this man will kill me. About the time I spot Burke and Tessa up by the coffins where I'm headed, I realize Aaron is no longer running behind me.. and then I realize, Oh my gosh I'm an IDIOT!! Aaron comes walking up, with 2 guys behind him, who were not the bum, but Aaron's other roommate and friend who hid behind there and gave them the laugh of their LIVES!! I had to catch my breath and calm down and laugh with them, laughing at ME. I think I had to be the best person they ever played that prank on... yet I was still too shook up to be embarrassed about it!

Then they couldn't believe I had run in the snow, felt bad that frost bite could sink in and brought me back my shoes. Aaron, obviously feeling really bad ended up rubbing and warming up my feet the whole way home, and I guess was surprised I didn't really get mad, but was a good sport about it.

You'd think after knowing it was a joke, I'd be fine going back there. But alas, as these boys tried to play that prank on someone else months later and wanted ME and Aaron to hide behind the couch I freaked out just thinking about going back there, I almost cried. Aaron went by himself- and that scared me. I sat in the car outside, and even just being alone NEAR the Coffin House drove me crazy. I hate that place!!!!

No comments: