blog tracker

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Latest Project

While Aaron has been gone, I should have been studying, but I decided to use the free time to tackle the lastest project: transform an old mirror into something that would match our guest bedroom! I am by no means artistic but I've found quite the hobby in taking Aaron's old single-life college furniture and accessories and making them less masculine, less shabby-looking, and saving money all at the same time! (I'm really proud of the fact that when we got married we never had to buy a single piece of furniture.. oh, except for kitchen chairs. But we really just got creative and fixed up a lot of old junk that we've had a while anyway).

I'm pretty sure Aaron has had this old mirror for years.. the wood is just blah, and honestly it's kinda falling apart.
Yay, our new white mirror! The coloring turned out weird in this photo.. these walls are pretty green, and that ribbon is a light yellow, not gold. I had had a different idea initially of putting big flat bead-type things around the frame, but that was expensive, so I resorted to little pearly beads instead, which you can barely see but oh well!!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love it! I like to see your projects around the house. Decorating has recently become a hobby of mine, but I haven't tried painting anything with my sisters help :) Keep posting the projects!

Tasha said...

Cute! You are always doing cute projects, I just love it! =) I am glad someone likes decorating and being creative as much as I do. So Lost is on this week, can you believe it I think that might just make my entire week! I don't think I have ever been so addicted to something Lost and 24 can you handle it!!! ha =)

Lindsey said...

Very cute and very crafty! The thing I love about being crafty is that every time you pass that mirror now you can say "I did that, isn't it cute!".