blog tracker

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trip to Washington!

Hello trusty family and friends who still read this blog....
We've actually been quite busy as of late, with house hunting (which has been unsuccessful) and some road trips.

Our latest trip was to Seattle, then Yakima to see Aaron's family, then mine. I'm sick of road trips big time. BUT we did have a great time so I can't complain!


Aaron's brother Ryan lives in Redmond, outside of Seattle (works for microsoft). He just bought a boat so we got to try it out!!
This was Carter's first boat ride, and he loved it. The life jacket? Not so much..

 Aaron, back a few months ago when he found out he needed hernia surgery was SUPER bummed because we were looking forward to this trip and for him to be able to wakeboard. BUT he got the go-ahead from the doc...

 And there he is!!

 Mr Captain Ryan ;)
 Aaron's dad and stepmom flew in, so that was fun to spend some time with them. I LOVE this picture... they had such a good time with Carter

Along the pier, we decided to all go to the aquarium..
 octopus!
 Don't let Aaron's rapist beard scare you!!.. he has since shaved it off, and is handsome as ever ;)
 Yours truly, being weird, waiting for divers to come feed the fish in the dome
 Carter got a kick outta the seagulls and tried to feed them his graham crackers


 The pier.. i heart seattle

 We also met up with some good friends, John and Danielle and took our kids to the children's museum and to Red Robin =) Stupid me forgot to get a picture!

If you're in Seattle, it just makes sense to eat seafood. We went to a sushi restaurant, with the food running on a conveyor belt. Genius idea, so fun, and ended up cheaper than what we usually pay! Wish we had one around  here...

So on to Yakima to see my family...
Twice, we went to my parents restaurant. The food is so delish!
Here's my little bro James, who is preparing for his mission, I will miss him =(

 Back at my dad's house, my dad is showing Aaron the 4-wheelers that we all rode around the fields by our house. We later went "camping" in the woods outside of Yakima for a day trip. Camping is not my thing, does that surprise anyone? I can handle a day, though when it's nice out and we get to ride around on quads. We DID have 6 kids there under 6 though, that does make it a little harder!

 My little bro Luke, on his kids ATV =)
 Mia and Alice.. so cute. 
 Mia + Alice + Joseph! Oh they are so funny. And little Jo Jo here is the cuddliest, sweetest little baby!
 Dad with the little ones about to go for a ride =)
 And the newest addition, baby Lilly. Soooo sweet, and has to be held all the time. I can't say I mind =)

We went to MONTANA on the way home but I haven't gotten pictures back yet, workin on it.
We're back in Utah, loving the warm weather, and are still house hunting, leaning now more towards building. Mr. Carter has a blast running around empty houses, and rolling around in homes halfway built, covered in sheetrock....

3 comments:

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

I love your hair, and that sweet little baby, and that aaron got to go wakeboarding! Capri doesnt like life jackets either, i have to bribe her with a sucker everytime :) Im so so glad we got to see you guys!

Julie said...

I don't know how you do all the trips and traveling with Carter! He is such a good little guy. You're thinking about building?! How exciting!!!

Jenna said...

What a fun little trip. I love Washington :) It looks like the weather was beautiful. That picture with your Dad and your younger siblings on the ATV is so cute! Glad you had a great time!