blog tracker

Thursday, September 15, 2011

busy busy busy

OUR FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR
Yup, it's right now.. the summer is over, Aaron is burned out from working, and we all just want to play! And that is what we're doing.
That, and a LOT of house hunting, but there's not much to update about that...

Here's some Carter updates---
1. Carter has become even MORE picky.. i didn't think it was possible. His staples include milk, strawberries, and goldfish. And sometimes chicken nuggets. We are digressing rapidly. He won't touch hot dogs anymore, nor mac & cheese, pizza, eggs, or any other food normal kids eat. It is so frustrating! I'm sick of trying to give him things he should like, just to have it wasted (or me eating the leftovers-- bad mom!)
This particular evening I had made chicken cordon bleu, and made Carter nothing. After all, he won't eat! I put the pan in front of him, and he picked up a chicken and bit into it.. and ate about half. I almost cried for joy. Didn't last long though... he still only wants goldfish.

 Carter man perched on Roxy's seat. Roxy is my sister's dog. 
 Carter is naughty about staying in his car seat. Buckled of course he can't get out, but the top snap, he has figured out how to undo it, and then pull his arms out. Not safe... we gotta fix that.
We were parked though one day, and Carter thought it was fun to climb in and out of the truck window. Boys...
 I think he likes this rug... he passes out on it a lot. (but hey, it's like 10 times softer than the nasty carpet we've got, so I'd prefer that too!)

This past week, we went with our friends, the Brown's to Trafalga..
Aaron is growing a rapist beard. Someone please tell him he looks scary so he will shave it and stop scraping me with it! lol

 Kaden and Carter, super cute boys... and they are quite the active duo =)

And yesterday we went to SLC for the state fair.. I had never been, but Aaron has a couple times back when he used to sell Living Scriptures there.





 see? rapist beard....




 Carter (again) had skipped his nap. This is what happened by the time we got to Fazoli's for dinner..

And today, my great friend Alicia was in town with her daughter Capri, who is Carter's age, and we 4 went to Kangaroo Zoo! The two lovebirds just don't hold still long enough to get a picture together =( maybe next time.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Those little Boys sure have a blast together! Kad kept saying carter yesterday All day! Ha it was Fun let's get together more often we have missed you guys!! :)

Lindsey said...

Steph, I just wanted to tell you that my Dillon won't eat a thing either. I think it's the age. He only wants milk all the time. However, he is always up for treats from grandma or grandpa. I don't worry about it too much, he hasn't lost any chub and I'm sure he'll grow out of it. So you don't worry either:)

Clayton and Noelle said...

I'm excited to hear your house hunting! I hope you find what your looking for...just remember it's a process.
As for picky eaters...your kid is way better then my kid! She's been picky since the day she was born and hasn't gotten any better. All she'll eat is cereal and cinnamon toast...so count your stars he'll even try some of the things you put in front of him. I've heard it's a stage and that a lot of kids go through it. They are testing their boundaries to see what is ok and not ok with you. It's so hard and so frustrating to have a picky eater...especially because it's such a waste.
About the beard...it doesn't look bad hahaha. I told Clayton when we were first married that if he ever grew facial hair (and I was being dead serious) that I wouldn't kiss so long as the facial hair remained. I hate the scratchy gross feeling...