blog tracker

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Family Update... finally

Oh look, I finally have something to blog about! Yes it has indeed been a while. Things are the same, me and Carter hang out every day while dad goes out and brings home the bacon. I guess that's probably about the same lifestyle as many a housewife. Mine also involves a lot of pinterest and web surfing for things I don't need, but hey what they heck. 
I had a fantastic birthday a week ago (turned 27- so sadly climbing up to 30). Aaron and the guys upstairs snuck around and made me a red velvet cake, and Aaron brought me some beautiful flowers, a balloon, and had Paityn (just like last year), pick out my gifts lol... Some think that requires no thought on his part, but I prefer it =) She's been shopping with me enough to know my taste, and Aaron frankly just does not have the time so it's all good
The day before, since Aaron didn't have to work, we had Frank & 4 other guys babysit Carter while we went on a date!! Yeah it was hilarious, 5 grown dudes, watching Kung Fu Panda and hanging out with Carter while we went to dinner and a movie. And when we got home, Carter had crashed in his (empty) kiddie swimming pool! Can't imagine what went on while we were gone....but I did appreciate getting out, that's for sure

Of course, I didn't bring a vase out here, so a vivint water bottle does the trick I suppose
 Carter's been quite the ladies man lately. On my birthday we went out to the pool, and Carter was talking away to Brooklyn in her stroller, it was super cute
 My besties Bennett and Jenna came through to visit on their way to Chicago, and we let their daughter Avarie and Carter take a splash in our kiddie pool =) They were so silly together
 I did it.. I'm one of those moms now.. with a kid on a leash.. a DOGGIE leash for that matter. Carter is just rambunctious at the mall, grocery store, anywhere in public and just wants out of the cart/stroller to get down and walk. So this is what I've resorted to... he doesn't mind it actually, and walking so much tires him out, so that after 20 min, he's WILLING to go back to sitting in his stroller. Score =)
My friend out here, Jenna took these pics of Carter. I thought they were so cute

Today we took a family outing to Grant's Park in St Louis. It was founded by Ulysses S. Grant and is now owned by Busch... the beer company. (Kinda random, I thought). It's like a mini zoo with fun animals and shops, and we rode around on these big golf-cart like things to see elk and deer and cows.
Is it apparent that Carter does not like to hold still even while in a moving vehicle??
 They had these little baby goats that you could actually feed bottles of milk to inside, so it was so funny to see Carter. These things were aggressive! 
 They're trying to gnaw on his shoes!
 See?
 We went in and those little goats were all over us, Carter liked it but was nervous at the same time




 Carousel ride.. Carter had never been. He loved it =)
 I believe he was singing while it went around

 Carter's on the leash.. I'm still not used to it, a little embarrassed at using it, but whatever
 gorgeous birds!
 this animal was HILARIOUS. I mean, look at this thing! I have no idea what it was, but it's got fluffs around it's knees like a poodle, and a big ol mop of hair on his head.. so silly!

 bald eagles, that was cool
 Carter is obsessed with ice... so it was no surprise that he LOVED trying a snow cone, as evident on his purple mouth
elephant show! this was cute, reminded me of Rosie in Water for Elephants. We didn't see the whole thing because Carter of course, just won't sit!

Good times

4 comments:

Hermana Bennett said...

Aw I miss those summers! Carter is a very brave little boy!! Your family is so cute! Happy birthday!

Julie said...

I like the dog leash on Carter! I've been thinking about one of those or something like it for Caden.

I admit I still haven't gotten your birthday present, but I just haven't been able to go get it! I promise it's coming soon :)

Our Little Family said...

Happy belated birthday to you! I can't believe how fast Carter is growing up. I think you are a wise woman breaking down and buying a leash. I never bought one, because I was too embarrassed, but I wish I had because I think that would have cut down on a lot of tantrums in the store :)

Unknown said...

1. Happy Birthday. 2. You are so cute. 3. Carter is so cute. 4. You are a cute mom. 5. Someday I want to get together again with you and Jenna 6. I love that you have a cute dog leash for Carter.