blog tracker

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas and catching up

My bad, I haven't blogged in like ages. I get wrapped up in my decorating blog I forget to report on my family! Whoops, I guess my New Years resolution shall be to prioritize?

Well a few weeks ago, I took Carter outside to enjoy his first "snow." As you can see, he just wanted to eat it all. 
 During an attempt to Christmas shop at the mall, and keep my little tyke sitting still in his stroller, I bought him a chocolate sucker. Bad idea... ended up even in his hair.
 Back home to Yakima... I am posting this pic just to show you what happens when you eat too much Christmas candy.. (besides the extra pounds I put on). You end up at the dentists with a few cavities... I won't tell you how many... okay I had 6. Hello Dad in the corner
 My uncle has a really cool barn out in Selah, WA where it's become an extended family tradition to do the nativity scene in it since it kinda resembles a stable. This is Carter with my little cousin David, just a couple months apart. 
 And by the end of Christmas Eve, this is how C ended up.... poor guy got sick on the trip, and we're still trying to get him better! Love these cheeks though =)
So this little pink pony was not Carter's present... it was for my little sister Alice, from Santa...
 Interestingly enough, Carter loved that little pink horse!
 Oh there he is, at it again the next day
 This is my sweet baby brother Joseph.. happiest baby you'll ever see. He's so chill and so sweet! He's turning one this month
 Little Joseph and Carter... BFF's. Okay not really... They didn't play together all that much, but hopefully next year!
The kiddos playing again, with cute little Mia

Aaron pushing Carter in (once again) NOT his present... I think this was my little sister Mia's baby doll stroller lol Carter actually fit just right
 This box warrants an amazing story. 
My little brother Kent is on a mission in Texas, he just left in September. We got to talk to him on Christmas day, and it was so great! Anyway he gets my brothers on the phone and says, hey I buried some treasure for you out in the field. He tells them the exact location, to take some shovels and go dig it up! Mind you the ground has snow and is frozen, so it took some time but they found it!

 And inside the box, my cute little brother had bought presents and gift cards for all the family, MONTHS before Christmas, and before he left for his mission! And the fact that he made it a treasure hunt is just so cool... =) (Why does my head look so gigantic in this picture? I have no idea)
In fact, Kent deserves a picture lol... such a stud! We miss him but are very proud 
Anyway, we visited my mom down in Portland for a few days after Christmas and that was great... why did I not take more pictures, I don't know! But Carter was very glad to be home I think. He's obsessed with some new toys that he got... even more magnets for the fridge!
 Happy boy, we love him

Happy NEW YEARS everyone!!

I wanted to post this mostly for my family, it's a little long, so don't feel like you have to watch it ;) I just thought it was so cute, my little brother Luke, playing and dancing with Carter

5 comments:

Evans Family of Three said...

looks like you guys had a GREAT christmas and break with family. carter just keeps getting cuter and i wish owen had his amazing thick hair! too cute! merry christmas!

Tasha said...

I can't believe how much older Carter has gotten. We need to get the boys together to play.

That is so cool what your brother did. What a thoughtful idea! He is a good secret keeper. I bet one day his future wife will appreciate this creative, thoughtful side!!

Julie said...

Cute Christmas pics! Carter looked like he was having fun with everyone elses presents :)

That was so nice of Kent to leave a package behind! I wouldn't have been able to plan something like that so far ahead.

Danielle said...

Carter is cute as ever! I love that Christmas surprise your brother did. Such a good idea!

Paula said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! As for the cavities, I feel your pain. Just went to the dentist this morning to get 3 filled. I hear it's pregnancy that does it to us--that and the fact that I haven't been to the dentist since before I got married! Yikes!