blog tracker

Thursday, November 18, 2010

SIckies

What a week. I must have some killer immune system, because between my two boys I've got, I've somehow escaped any and all sickness that they've gotten lately. Aaron was sick 2 weeks ago, lasted a week. Then Carter got something else, the stomach flu, (which he just had a month ago) and I think he is finally over it today. This is after barfing in Ikea yesterday, and everyday, in every room of our house since Sunday.
Undoubtedly this was after a bath, after he barfed.

Making matters worse, Aaron is out of town again so it's just been me and Carter.. and baby Einstein DVD. I had no idea babies could get obsessed with something, but alas Carter is ridiculously attached to his baby Einstein. I've had it on repeat, playing nonstop since Monday. And Carter's been crying all the time, and watching his movie is the only time he'll stop. Usually I'm having to hold him, and watch the dang thing 30 times in a row.
But man I love being a mom! ;) And hey maybe when everything's said and done, Carter will have become some sort of baby genius, all while being sick!

Have you ever been 5 pounds from your weight goal, and you're on a roll going to the gym everyday, things are looking good, and then bam your kid gets sick, you can't go to the gym, you sit around all day, and scarf your face? Cuz let me tell you a little something. I don't work out to lose weight. I work out to not GAIN weight. I like food, and I don't like to feel hungry. Diets are not my thing. So I pretty much have to work out everyday just to not get fat. Needless to say, I'll be avoiding the scale, til after Thanksgiving!

Anyhow, since my baby's been sleeping a lot (I've been trying to get him to at least), I've been pretty bored. SOOO the husband's gone, the baby's sick, what else do I have to do but decorate?! I did indeed put up our Christmas tree and some decorations. And I set up my Christmas radio on Pandora, bought some peppermint ice cream, and suddenly life is looking pretty bright!
 Still needing a tree skirt.. where in the world do you buy those without spending a fortune??


On another good note: My dad and little brother Luke are coming to town for the weekend for the BYU game... very excited about that.
The BIJOU MARKET is going on this weekend also in Provo, you KNOW I'll be hitting that up!
AND my cousin Bennett and my bestie Jenna (who happens to be his wife) had their baby today!! Yay for them!!

And heading to Arizona for Thanksgiving, and meeting up with Aaron at his mom's house... it will be a much needed break!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am the exact same way as you. I like to eat, can't go hungry (sersiosly I go crazy when I'm hungry), can't diet, so I have to workout everday to maintain. You seriously have to try Jillian Michaels and Bob Harpers workouts they are great for doing at home when you can't go to the gym. I promise you'll be sweating and you'll feel it big time the next day.

Danielle said...

I can't eat anything unhealthy for even one day without gaining weight. Ugh! I just hope I can make it through the holidays without packing on 10+ pounds!!

Paula said...

I'm sorry you guys have been sick, that's no fun. I think us moms often escape it because I sure feel like I wash my hands 100 times a day between diaper changes, washing grimy hands and faces, etc. Maybe that actually helps :) Oh, and let me know if you find a good deal on tree skirts, I've been looking for a cheaper one since we got married, but haven't found one. Then I decided I would just make one. Ha. Nice fabric is expensive too. Alas, the search is back on!

Clayton and Noelle said...

Steph! I have two cute patterns for tree skirts you can sew. Or I could crochet you one...your choice. Let me know!

Julie said...

Poor Carter! Of course you didn't get sick, you never do! Those baby einstein's are a life saver. Caden still loves them.

Myleka and Chris said...

I'm so sorry Carter has been sick, I love that you've already put up your christmas stuff so have I...two weeks ago actually. hope i will be seeing you soon, as soon as i get back from snowbird!!!

Unknown said...

So my week has totally been the exact same. Ellie has had whooping cough and the doc asked us not to go ANYWHERE! I've been soooo bored so I put up my Christmas decorations just like you!