blog tracker

Friday, November 5, 2010

Sappy mom moment

I have to do this because my baby turned 1 yesterday, and yes it made me a little emotional. I can't believe it was a year ago that he joined our little family- and now he's a walking, jabbering toddler! Carter was stubborn to come out, which is why I had a c-section and I was so whoozy from all the drugs, I slept or was barely conscious most of the day. I remember going in for surgery, hardly knowing what was going on, but the moment they pulled him out, it's like your emotions take over, you snap out of the unconsciousness to see that cute little face! And of course he was perfect =) During the middle of the night after he was born, the nurses brought him in for a feeding, and they had just given him a bath.. he smelled so good and his little hair was combed, he was the CUTEST thing I had ever seen in my life! I wish I had had a camera handy for that.
I love this picture.. I seem to forget how much hair he had!!
I guess we should have known from the day he was born that he'd be a happy and content baby.. he was even like that at the hospital.

Anyhow we had a great time celebrating his little birthday (I'll post pics soon), but here's some of the fun times we've had this week:
I had a random idea to pull out the Twister mat and let him play around on it... it was very entertaining!
 Hopefully it'll teach him colors eventually =)
 Grandma Belinda was in town for a little while so we went on a little walk on the Provo trail

 This is so cute.. they were peeking over the fence at horses. Carter hadn't seen horses before =)
 I know, we're quite the outdoors-people. We went on another walk with Mark and Paityn (and doggies) to a little gazebo. Carter loves Shade and Callie, probably because they're smaller than him!

 Weird little boy we've got that likes to gnaw on celery stalks...?
 Taking a little break hehe
 I got this storage ottoman/coffee table (that I have since recovered with cute fabric I might add!) that replaced our old coffee table with hard edges. Carter actually pulled himself into it by himself! Obviously this serves as a hideout for all his toys too. I try...
I love our little man!!! I'm so lucky that he's so happy and fun and cute! Oh and just an FYI (I'll care to remember it later, you might not hehe) but he had his 12 month doctor visit today, here's his stats:
Head 50th percentile
Height 50-75th percentile (30 inches) Is there a chance he might not be as short as me and Aaron?!!
Weight 10th percentile (19.8 pounds) I swear I feed this kid!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Happy birthday Carter! I want to see birthday pics :)

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!! Oh he is so cute! Hope you guys had a good day yesterday!

Clayton and Noelle said...

Congrats on reaching that awesome point! He's such a sweetie!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday little muchkin. He is such a calm and content baby- I love this sweet demeanor. =)

Our Little Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter! He is so cute! Isn't it amazing at how quickly they grow?!?! It was great to see your family at grandpa's a few weeks ago!

Paula said...

Too cute, I love his "taking a break picture". :)