blog tracker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas and babies!

For several weeks now, I have been wanting to make gingerbread houses for Christmas-the fake ones out of graham crackers and frosting. And it was great! Our partners in crime, Bennett and Jenna (aka JENNETT) came on over and we had a great time! The finished projects: Here's Jenna's cute house
And then there's Bennett's..... It needs explanation:
It is actually a Mexican pueblo with a frosting lid decoration as the satellite dish haha! The colored candies on the ground are the Mexican farm, so he's got some orange trees, corn?, and who knows what else? That red circle or licorice is an old wagon wheel. And there's a well somewhere too. I tell you, us Packards get pretty creative sometimes!

Mine is pretty normal, but Aaron would have commented on my lioness hair as he calls it...

And then there's Aaron's.... yes it is a Catholic church for some reason but his turned out nicely. This is why: he spent FOREVER building his! Everyone had finished and were watching Ice Age and he was still decorating, but then again, he did make his foundation really strong so it won out of the 4 for longest lasting.

Our little village of finished houses. Bennett looks kinda hungry..



Julie's Baby Shower!!
One of my best friends from Yakima, WA- good ol Jules is having a baby this week! Well she's due this weekend so me and my sister, Val threw her a little shower. If you can't tell which one she is because she hardly looks pregnant(!) it's the one in the orange. =)

Me and Val are twins now!! She dyed her hair dark brown- the first time in her life she's not blonde. I think it looks good =)

Some girls at the party having a good ol time

Jules opening some presents for her baby boy-to-be

The Yakima girls: me, Julie, and Val

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's so nice that you threw her a shower! I think there's some mistake though and she has about 4 months to go, she's so tiny! Are you guys coming to Yakima at all around Christmas? We'll be there the 27-29th. Short trip. Let me know!

Tasha said...

How fun! You guys are creative. I love the Gingerbread houses thats what we are doing this week- don't you love the spirit of Christmas I do?!?! =) By the way, you and your sister LOOK so MUCH alike now that she has darker hair. Isn't it funny how hair color can make such a difference? Well, we all need to play sometime soon! I am thinking round two of uno with the Crandalls