blog tracker

Thursday, February 16, 2012

James' Farewell & Valentines

My youngest brother James is now in the MTC, on his way to Atlanta for his mission. Poor guy has been so antsy and ready to go, so we were glad to send him off, although we will really miss him =(
We drove up to Portland just for the weekend.
Carter was so happy to be out of the car, that he laid on the floor at Denny's. So disgusting. He obviously doesn't mind it at all
I shot these pictures while out for a run. You just can't beat the pretty greenery in Oregon!
 Me and Mr. James before his farewell talk at church
 Cute, disheveled Carter at Church with my (half) brother Luke. They are so cute, and had really missed each other =)
 Me and my handsome husband after church
James flew in yesterday morning, so we took him to Kneaders for some French toast, then sent him on his way at the MTC. 

 James with Grandpa Packard, who gave him plenty of advice before taking off ;)
And we got a new pic of my other brother Kent! He's out serving in Houston right now. I have such awesome, handsome brothers =)

For Valentines Day this year, I actually planned it. I am very sucky at planning anything, so Aaron was happy for a break =) We left Carter overnight with our friends while we played all afternoon and evening. I had a posing class for my fitness competition, and then we got in a workout at the gym. We ended up going to sushi for dinner, and a movie, then stayed the night at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. I love short trips like this, to just get away for a bit, but that doesn't require a huge amount of planning or money. I love Aaron- he's the best husband ever, and has been hugely supportive with my training and eating right for my upcoming show!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm sad we didn't get to see you, but I'm sure you didn't have much time. Way to go on planning for V-day! I'm not good at planning things either.