blog tracker

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Turkey week in Arizona

We just don't sit still here in Utah. From one vacation/road trip to the next, we are just go-go-go. Not the way I prefer it, but my husband does! But we love being around both our families so it does make it worth it =)
We made the 10+ hour drive to Fountain Hills, AZ (near Scottsdale) to spend the week with Aaron's family. 
Can't complain about 70+ degree weather the whole week!! Carter absolutely loved being outside, as did we.

Hiking with the fam, and posing with Steve



A toddler + water= major fun.. and a tantrum when you have to leave ;)




So up until this past week, I had never ran any race (except sprints when I did track in high school). Aaron's brother's girlfriend (on the right) is a big runner and looked into the turkey trot down in Arizona so us 3 signed up! It was just a 5k but it was really fun! It was sooo nice to get lots of exercise while we were down there, because I ate A TON. Not a good thing when you're training for a figure competition...
Before the race, there were some random samples of this "energy towel" that you breathe in... Here's Aaron just soaking it in...
Mr. Aaron happened to finish before me (yes, indeed he is faster) and managed to get a pic of me crossing the line, and feeling like I was going to THROW UP. 
(For future personal reference, I ran it in 24:06, and placed 2nd in my age group.. gotta beat that next year!)
Aaron got 4th in his age group so we felt pretty "fit" that we actually placed. Neither of us are what you'd call "runners."

Thanksgiving day- Carter had very little turkey, and lots of pie and chocolate cake.

On the way home to Utah, we stopped in Flagstaff to visit Aaron's aunt and uncle- Carole and John, and got to meet a bunch of extended family I didn't know yet. Carter loved getting out to run around and play with the "big kids." =)

No comments: