blog tracker

Monday, October 11, 2010

Hikes, motorcyles, and mischief

We've been having a lot of fun lately since Aaron takes most of October off!

 These pics were from our Washington trip... hangin out at my dad's house

 New Thai restaurant (my fav!)  I'm not sure how Carter liked this Buddha, his size
 This disgusting snake was in my parent's room! The cleaning ladies found it in some clothes on the floor, and Aaron was the only man home, so he was the one to dispose of it... gross

On our drive home from yakima, we stopped at a gas station and saw the Oscar Mayer bus gassing up!

 Carter and his crazy hair
 So we went on yet another hike, if this pic looks familiar. Nope, just the same pose! We went up the American Fork canyon and hiked up to Silver Lake and I wanted to kill Aaron! We didn't plan this well, and the hike took us 3 hours... all of which Carter got starving, hadn't had a nap and it got cold, and started to get dark. All because Aaron insisted on getting to the top! But it was okay, because Carter actually handled it better than I did haha... we did survive, I'm just in charge next time =)

 This was a little reservoir more towards where we started the hike. The plan was just to go around this lake a few times... til Aaron found the trailhead up the entire mountain... :/
 We reached the top!!! Me and Carter needed a break
 At least it was really pretty up there!
 Silver Lake
 Cute. I did forgive Aaron, mind you
 So Grandma Belinda and Grandpa Steve came to town! They brought Carter some fun toys and these are his favorite, as you can tell hehe
Have I mentioned APX throws the best parties? This past weekend, Apx hired Nitro Circus to come do a show! I wasn't super familiar with Nitro Circus, but it's a dirt bike show that's actually on MTV, featuring Travis Pastrana. It was so rad, the pictures don't even do it justice.
Me and the hubs. Oh PS if Aaron looks all skinny, it's cuz he is! He did this Master Cleanse for about a week and dropped like 12 pounds! I think it was crazy though.. I would never...
 Auntie Val came with us and Carter had a blast. Val held him the whole time so it was really nice for me to get a little break!
 I don't know that man in the back, but he must be crazy...
 So these motorcyclists (?) is that what you call them? They were dropped out of a helicopter to start the show!
 Everything looked really cool with the mountains as the backdrop. Love Utah for that
 I think this is Travis Pastrana.. can't remember
 This whole dirt area was set up on the front lawn of the new Apx building. Crazy
 Unfortunately i didn't get very cool shots, my timing just sucks. But the show was awesome! Never thought I'd be a fan of this kind of stuff, but alas.. it was great


5 comments:

Julie said...

OK, that's totally awesome that APX actually hired Nitro circus to come for your party! I thought you just bought tickets to it or something. Does Aaron have the riding bug yet?? :)

PS. I thought that was the cutest that Carter would walk for the brownie! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas time!

Jennett said...

OK. Your hair = GORGEOUS. That pic where you are at the APX party and it is all sexy with the little braid - danja :) Way to get some exercise on those hikes...and tell Aaron good job for sticking with that cleanse. I would have collapsed after day 2 of hunger.

Tasha said...

That APX Nitro Circus looks awesome! BTW you look so skinny what have you been doing my lady! You look great & Aaron does too! Good for you too! We should all get together soon- maybe do something Halloweeny?! =)

Our Little Family said...

Wow! It looks like you know how to have fun :) You all look fabulous! That lake is beautiful! There is no where to hike and is not that pretty down here in Texas.

PS - Jason is getting married this weekend. Maybe we will see you guys there!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

That hiked looked so pretty! Carter is so big! Aaron looks so skinny,good for him! Those cleanses are hard! AND you look as skinny as ever.. and tan! PS i am jealous and sad I missed nitro circus, me and my little bro used to watch that show everyday! Looks like it was a blast!!