blog tracker

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am feeling official

After graduating high school 8 years ago, this should be my Master's degree, but alas, I finally got my diploma for my BYU Bachelors of Science in the mail today! It's been a long time coming, but I'm so glad I finished, and that I had a very supportive husband who helped me make it through to the end.
I took a lot of time off during these 8 years: a mission, Guatemala volunteer program, switching majors from Spanish to exercise science (not related at all, so I was starting over!) plus missing fall semesters with Aaron's job. And THEN having a baby... so it's really a miracle that I even finished, and there were times I almost quit, but YAY I have put college behind me!
My degree is Exercise Science with an emphasis in Fitness and Wellness, and I tell Aaron that since I have a degree in exercise science, that makes me a scientist and thus the expert. =)
I never walked at graduation (we were moving out here to Cleveland) so this is as real as it gets for me!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations scientist Steph :) ! I'm very proud of you for sticking it out.

I sent your birthday card in the mail today. Hopefully it gets there in time.

PS. I like the fun yellow nail polish. Very springy/summery!

Paula said...

Congrats! Though you're not alone, Erik just got his diploma too, and it took him just about as long!

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

Way to go, Steph! I'm sure it was worth it to stick it out!

Clayton and Noelle said...

Hooray!! It's such a great feeling I'm sure! I'm serious about wanting to take you to lunch to celebrate when you get back! Miss you!

Lindsey said...

I am glad that you posted this. All my friends it seems like are done with their bachelors and more and I still have a year left. Although like you, I wouldn't trade all of the amazing experiences like a mission, going to Ecuador, or getting married for it. It just takes a little more time for us mormon girlies :)

Tasha said...

COngrats! That's such a wonderful accomplishment- I am so proud of you!!! =)