blog tracker

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcoming in September

Embarrassing story of the week:
This Sunday, we had slept through the family ward that we usually attend that starts at 9, so we decided- No big deal, we'll just go to the singles ward in Baltimore (30 mintues away) that started at 1 pm. So we took our time getting ready and making peanut butter pancake sandwiches for breakfast. We jump in the car, and drive down there, so proud of ourselves for making it on time! We walk into the chapel and I'm thinking there's an awful lot of people there already for Sacrament and they're starting to sing the opening song already. We go to the back where some of the Techs from are team are sitting, while everyone stares at us. We open the hymn book to the first song, and realize that's not right.... turns out church ENDED at one, and started at 10 and we had walked in to catch the closing song and prayer during the last 3 minutes of church!! We couldn't understand how we both had thought we'd made it on time because we'd been to the singles ward a couple times before, and then totally missed it this week! Luckily there was a baptism after church, so we played it off like we had come specifically for that! Even so, we felt like total IDIOTS!! The techs had a good laugh, as did we, but hey at least we tried!!


Baltimore: Home of the ORIOLES
We didn't have tickets so we scalped them off a guy for $10 a piece and they turned out to be great seats! They killed the Minnesota Twins, who didn't even score a run til the last inning.It was SUCH a humid day in Baltimore, I was dying, since I can't stand the humidity. ( I still can't believe I survived 18 months in Brazil- it was only by divine assistance that I made it day in and day out!) But we had a great time watching the ball game.




Standing outside the gate after the game. Why I wore pants on such a humid day, I have NO IDEA.

Fans after the game

With 2 more weeks to go, we finally made it! We'd been planning on going to an Orioles game all summer, but always ended up doing something else.. til this weekend.

After the game, we walked around downtown, to check out the Lexington Market that we had heard was cool, but ended up being closed already. Walking back to the car, we happened upon this lovely building, and decided it could be our new home. Baltimore is SO rundown and ghetto!
We were also able to go to the Temple this week, back in Virginia. It had been a while but we were glad to finally make it again since the DC temple is so pretty. I even randomly ran into an old friend there that I had met while in Guatemala 5 years ago. Such a small world with Mormons!Aaron's buddy, Erick Martinez hung out with us for a few days, since most of our friends had left already after the normal selling season. Last Saturday was pouring rain and no good for knocking, so us 3 ended up going to the Towson mall all day, it was great! Erick ended up taking off for home last week, so that was kinda sad.

Our outing to DC for the last time of the summer:
From the freeway, the DC Temple pops out of nowhere, and it looks like you're going to drive right into it! Several people have told us that they thought it looked so cool & always wondered what it was. Apparently a few years ago, the lights were so bright on it that people were getting in crashes because they kept staring. They've dimmed the lights since then!We went on a scenic bike ride through beautiful trails outside of DC. I hadn't ever really ridden a bike since I was a kid, so I was nervous about it, but then 16 miles later, I didn't think it was too bad! We met up with Aaron's cousin & wife: Randy and Lisa, whom we've visited a couple times this summer. They showed us the way around and to the best trails. It was such a beautiful day to be outdoors!

Aaron, me, Lisa, and Randy on a bridge on the trail
Well although it looks like all we do is party and visit really cool places out here,(which we do) we really DO go to church on Sundays! Here's another cheesy smile picture driving home from Church last Sunday, which happens to be about 25 minutes away, so it is quite an effort to get there by 9 am! Okay I love this cute little picture of Aaron, sneaking a taste of dinner! He's always wearing his light blue Apx polo and shorts, which I'm sure we're both sick of, and the other night we went to a movie (House Bunny- it's hilarious!) and he actually dressed up in a new brown shirt we bought a few weeks ago- PLUS he had a new haircut that morning, so he was looking pretty studly! And he's going to just LOVE me for posting this for all to see...
Storytime:
I might have to tell about how I was really retarded the other night, and experienced one of those married moments when you freak out over nothing!!.. Aaron loves the entertainment of me screaming when he jumps out and scares me all the time, whether I'm in the shower, or when it's one of those rare occasions when he gets home from work before I do, and he keeps the lights off, then jumps out of the kitchen and gives me a heart attack!..

The other night, we had watched a movie, then were getting ready for bed, and I had gone to use our other bathroom and assumed Aaron was still getting ready for bed. I turned around the corner and saw everything was pitch black- he had turned out all the l ights and wasn't answering when I called him, and I thought for SURE he was going to jump out at me. And even when I know it's coming, I still get scared, so I opted to not go into our room yet, hoping he'd give up eventually and come out of his hiding spot. After several "K, it's not funny anymore," or "Let's just go to bed, I know you're hiding somewhere," I still was too chicken to go in there.. stupid, I know (and I was making a fool out of myself too!!)

I pouted on the couch for 20 minutes before I realized I was beieng ridiculous, so I ran through the hall to our room, to find him not hiding, but sound ASLEEP! You'd think I'd be relieved but alas I was ticked off! One of those girly emotional things where you feel like crying over nothing and making a big deal out of things, which I DID- for like 20 minutes for really no reason at all! I felt like an idiot in the morning, but I'm a lucky girl to have a husband that gets yelled at for doing nothing but then can laugh about it later with me!

3 comments:

Hermana Bennett said...

Ha Ha Steph! That is seriously the funniest thing ever! I know exactly what emotional moments you're talking about too! :)

Sharee Gariety said...

Steph, that is a funny story! You are awesome.

Family said...

That is really funny! You guys are so cute together. Valerie's wedding looked beautiful and I love the dresses you all wore.